Each child has a Memory Book which is a collection of organised, purposeful information that provide an insight into each child's individual learning, thinking, understandings and interests, evidence of creations, interactions and conversations. Memory Books include observations, photos and work samples. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child's learning by regularly reading and providing input into their child's individual portfolio. Our goal is to provide a record of your child's Kindergarten experiences as well as a keepsake for your child and family.
Highlights throughout the year we look forward to:
- Pizza Party on the last day or term where the children get to make their own pizza for lunch
- Living Eggs Program, where we watch eggs turn into real live chickens, right in our Kindy classroom.
- Dress up days
- Disco day
- Mothers Day, Father's Day and Grandfriends celebrations held at kindy.
- Parents can come in to do Christmas Craft with children
- Tennis Program run by Educators for the 3 Day group
- Visits to local park, butchers, post office, local shops.
- Visit to Terrey Hills Community Library
- Visit to Terrey Hills Nursing home to sing to the residents.
- Visit to local schools THPS and NBCS.
- Incursions such as Kindy Farm, Dog Safety program, Drama Toolbox and so on, throughout the year
- End of year Christmas concerts and Christmas parties with families