We value the interest and involvement of parents and families to share in, contribute and be a part of the child's journey at Terrey Hills Community Kindergarten.
We respect and embrace the diverse values and beliefs, family and cultural backgrounds, traditions, life experiences that children and families bring to the preschool and encourage open communication, ideas, suggestions, and the opportunity to utilize parents and family’s skills and knowledge.
As a community-based preschool, we welcome the involvement and participation of parents and families both in our day to day program or by assisting in the maintenance, sustainability and enhancement of our Kindergarten.
Family involvement is a vital part of maintaining and enhancing a community based Kindergarten. Parents / Families can help in a variety of ways:
- Involvement with activities such as coming in to do craft with the children in
- Join the Management Committee
- Visiting the Kindy as a resource person EG: fireman, nurse, mechanic, bring in a new baby
- Gardening – participating in the garden roster for 1-2 hours once a year to keep our playground neat and tidy
- Laundry – you will “win the washing” a couple of times a year, to help us launder the children’s hand towels
- Being involved in excursions and special events
- Maintaining equipment or assisting with repairs
- Assisting with policy reviews and providing input and ideas
- Interest sheet – fill out your child’s special interests to help us adapt our program
- Feedback sheets - there is a communication system in place for Educators to discuss feedback, a feedback register as well as a Committee Communication box should you wish to write any feedback, questions or concerns down.